The best podcast & blog ever made! Featuring talk about comics, video games, TV, music and movies.
.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

24 Hours with Street Fighter 4



Picked up the game yesterday at around 5 0'clock from my local Gamestop (yuck), and have not stop playing it since. So does it live up to the hype, you may be wondering? Hadouken, yes it does!

The game delivers everything it promised with the force of an EX-powered dragon punch to the face. Almost everything about it is perfect, excluding long load times and horrible cut scenes -- really not much to complain about here. So, if you own a PS3 or a Xbox 360, you are doing yourself a severe injustice if you don't run out and get this right now. Heck, even if don't own either of those platforms, this game is worth changing that too. Go out, spend money, do your part to help the economy. 

I also tried my best to grab a SF4 Tournament Edition fight stick, but waited too long and now they're all sold out. So instead I ordered a  Hori Real Arcade Pro fight stick (pictured below), which has been amazing.  


 This is my first fight stick, and boy, color me impressed. It took a little getting used to, but now I'm flicking "sonic booms" like it's no body's business.  

So to wrap it up, the game is simply amazing, the Hori fight stick rocks and it's been a really fun 24 hours. 

Oh, and Dan Brooks is never beating me in this game!

No comments: