The best podcast & blog ever made! Featuring talk about comics, video games, TV, music and movies.
.

Monday, July 21, 2008

"The Dark Knight"

It's after midnight now on Monday morning, and I've been home for an hour or so since seeing The Dark Knight. I won't go into a full-fledged review, as so much has been written about this film, and so much hype was generated leading up to it. But I will say that I was truly amazed by what I just saw. Christopher & Jonathan Nolan's script is insanely rich, and the film is filled with this unwavering tension unlike few films I've ever seen. Heath Ledger is as good as you've heard and deserves an Oscar nod; his Joker will surely go down as one of the all-time great screen villains. Christian Bale, as he did in the first film, makes Bruce Wayne and Batman both awe-inspiring and believable. And Aaron Eckhart may have been the film's real surprise: the tragedy of Harvey Dent, and the way Eckhart plays it, is unforgettable.

I can't stop thinking about it. Truly fantastic.

No comments: